Periodontal Disease and Wellness-Honesty, respect, and dedication is a reflection of our focus to excellent oral health.
At Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa, we have designed a perfect space that is just right for our clients’ comfort and health. We believe overall health begins with healthy gums and we are focused on providing our clients in Fort Lauderdale with the very best in periodontal care, cosmetic dental care, and spa services. Gum or “perio” health plays an essential role in your well-being. Therefore, we treat every one of our clients based on their specific needs by giving them the treatment and attention that they need.
Periodontal Wellness is Crucial
The health of the soft tissue in your mouth is known as periodontal wellness. This tissue is prone to:
At our boutique, we will more closely monitor your mouth for any signs of infection, gum disease, or any oral problems that may occur, upon every visit.
Systematic Diseases are Linked to Gum Disease
Good oral health and hygiene habits do more than prevent gum disease. In fact, excellent dental habits improve your overall health. Poor dental health can be linked to serious conditions such as:
- Cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- Pre-term Births
Studies have indicated that health conditions and gum disease are related in two ways. First, gum disease that is either severe or moderate increases systemic inflammation in your body which is the top attribute of chronic, inflammatory diseases. Second, the same strains of bacteria that are commonly found in periodontal pockets found surrounding your diseased teeth have been found in the blood vessel plaques of those who suffer from heart disease (CVD). With that said, you can see how important it is to treat your periodontal inflammation to reduce systemic inflammation and avoid these health conditions altogether, and Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa can help.
Gums that Bleed Easily Are Not Considered Normal
Many people believe that it is normal for their gums to bleed while flossing and brushing but this is a common misconception. In fact, it is a dangerous belief because bleeding gums are usually infected and inflamed. It is important to contact us for help if your gums are bleeding.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Periodontal Disease
Many people ask “do I have periodontal disease and what is it?” You can have gum disease but not suffer from any obvious symptoms. This is especially true if you are a smoker since nicotine reduces the blood supply, which prevents swelling and bleeding from gum tissue. However, there are some important symptoms to look for including:
- Bleeding gums: Many people think that if their gums bleed during brushing it simply means that they have brushed them too hard. While this extreme brushing is bad for the gums, it should not cause bleeding. If your gums are bleeding, you should consider this to be a warning sign and make an appointment right away.
- Bad breath: Plaque can easily collect in the spaces between the teeth. This tends to create the perfect living conditions for bacteria that produce bad breath odors.
- Redness or swelling of the gums: The first visible sign of gum disease is usually inflammation.
- Receding gums: If your teeth look longer than normal, your gum tissue may have begun to recede which will expose the root of your tooth. This can lead to a variety of problems.
- Sensitivity and Tenderness: The exposed roots caused by gum recession may cause sensitivity or tenderness to cold or hot substances.
- Periodontal abscess: If you have bacteria enclosed in a periodontal pocket, the area will fill, becoming swollen, painful, and full of pus.
- Loose teeth: Sometimes, gum disease can result in loose or migrated teeth due to bone loss. If you grind or clench your teeth, the tooth loss may even be accelerated.
At Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa, we know that dental visits may lead to anxiety. We provide services and options that can help you overcome your fear such as sedation dentistry so that we can help restore your smile. We will try and provide you with non-surgical treatments whenever possible. We offer scaling, root cleaning, and can offer a minimally-invasive therapy that can shrink pockets of bacteria while providing medication to clear up any infections that you may currently have. We will also educate you on the importance of continued dental hygiene after your visit so that you can have a sexy smile once again!
Treatment Options for Gum Disease
When you visit our boutique and, we will evaluate your oral hygiene techniques and offer you ways to improve them if needed. We will then remove any calcified deposits along with the plaque that is visible on the root surfaces with a technique that is known as:
- Root planing
We can do this by using ultrasonic instruments along with hand instruments. If we see an infection or the start of one, we will offer an antibiotic or antimicrobial product that can assist you in healing. If caught soon enough, it may be able to eliminate the need for surgery. However, there are times that surgical procedures may be necessary to remove any deep pockets that have formed between the inflamed teeth and gum tissue. After your visit, we will be able to suggest a treatment plan along with a combination of procedures, that is best suited for you and your situation.
Caring for Your Gums
By caring for your gums and following the treatment plan set forth by Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa in Fort Lauderdale, you will be able to see the:
- Positive impact on the health of your gums
- Notice significant decreases in swelling and bleeding
- Reduction of bad breath
- Reduction of soreness you previously experienced
If you are one of the many people who feel that loss of teeth is inevitable as you age, we want you to know that it is certainly possible for your teeth to last your entire life. This can be achieved by avoiding gum disease or catching it in the early stages. Unfortunately, you may not realize that you even have periodontal disease until it is too late since the symptoms are not always apparent. However, the great news is that gum disease can be controlled in both early and advanced stages and you can have a beautiful smile for life, even as you mature in age.
Preventing Periodontal Disease
You can prevent gum disease by brushing and flossing your teeth daily. You will also want to be sure that you schedule professional cleanings at our boutique every three to six months, depending on your needs. At your scheduled cleanings, our specialized instruments can reach places that your floss and a Sonicare toothbrush can’t. Other steps that you can take to prevent gum disease include:
- Eating a healthy, balanced diet
- Reducing stress
- Quitting smoking
Let Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa help you keep your teeth healthy and give you a radiant smile for a lifetime.
Why Choose Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique?
- You can enjoy your dental visit with our Relaxed, Upscale Spa-like Atmosphere
- Complimentary wine & Nespresso coffee bar, hot towel service, temple massage therapy, paraffin treatments, music & movie selections
- Convenient hours – Evening and Saturday hours available
- Latest Technology- Such as intraoral cameras making it possible for you to see exactly what is happening in your mouth, for yourself. Advanced Digital x-rays that emit less radiation and is actually a comfortable process. Yes! It doesn’t require that little square to go in your mouth that hurts so much. Instead, the X-ray machine goes around your head.
- Latest Treatments that allow for quick healing after surgery along with services like same-day crowns, gum surgery with no cutting or stitches,
- No metal or amalgam is ever used in our offices
- We can assist clients by arranging their transportation to and from your appointment.
- Multiple Sedation Options Available for a more comfortable and anxiety-free experience including IV Sedation and nitrous.
- Botox treatments under the same roof for both medical and beauty purposes. Can be used to get rid of wrinkles, TMJ and migraines. We also offer Filler to plump cheeks, take away jowl, enhance your lips and rid of nasiolabial folds:
- Aesthetic Spa Services Available Onsite. Estheticians available to perform eyebrow shaping, eyelash extensions, microblading, facials, peeps, hydrogen facials, microdermabrasion and more.
- We use state of the art sterilization equipment and processes that are focused on Safety. More importantly it is set up openly for our clients to see.
- Select Insurance and Financing Options Available – Care Credit financing is available for those who qualify and we work with insurance (complimentary benefit check available at your consultation)
Want a Consultation? Call (954) 790-6468 or CLICK HERE