Like a pretty smile, good skin lends itself to a healthier, fresher and more youthful appearance.
In addition to the range of dental and cosmetic treatments offered at Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique, the practice has a Medical Esthetician on staff to address the specific beauty and skincare needs of clients.
Dr. Patty’s licensed esthetician specializes in proven and effective treatments for anti-aging, exfoliation, removal of sun damage, rosacea, pore reduction, acne, and hyperpigmentation.
Clients can book some non-invasive skin treatments that cleanse, refresh and rejuvenate the face and body including facials, exfoliating peels, and restorative body treatments.
Top off your next teeth cleaning with “lunch time” peel or European facial.
People get facials for a variety of reasons. Some want to get rid of blackheads; others want to take care of their skin at a young age to preserve their youthful look. Many people get them as part of an anti-aging routine. And of course, some people just want to be pampered and be able to relax without distractions, at a sophisticated boutique!
There is not simply one “correct” reason for wanting to get a facial, but the idea of a facial may be mysterious to some people. You, among many others, may have questions such as:
- Why do they use steam?
- Why are creams applied and then removed repeatedly?
- Why should I get a facial regularly?
At Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa in Fort Lauderdale, we want you to know that the best way to take care of your skin is with a multi-step skin treatment (also known as a facial)! To promote a clear, well-hydrated complexion, and help you look younger and more radiant, your facial will:
- and Nourish your skin!
Our licensed estheticians can help you gain timeless beauty by offering you an experience designed just for you.
Skin Care Tips from a Licensed Esthetician
During your visit, we will offer you personalized advice on the best way to take care of your skin. Your facial will work best if you implement it as part of your ongoing skin care routine. It is important that you choose an esthetician at Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa since we are:
- Specially trained
Facials are among the most popular spa treatments, and you can get yours today at Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa!
How Often Should Facials be Done?
Our certified estheticians will recommend the frequency of your facials, which will vary from person to person. Your skin regenerates monthly, so it is recommended that facials be done monthly as stated in these five important reasons to get a facial. However, if you are trying to get rid of acne, you may want to get facials more often at the beginning of your treatment. If you don’t want to have to go monthly or more often, you should at least try to get one done every time the season changes – four times a year.
Basic Steps of Your Facial Experience
Your facial experience will follow some basic steps including:
- Consultation- You will complete a form that asks questions about skin your concerns, what products you use, your water consumption, medications that you take, and more.
- Preparations- You will be offered a wrap that you can put underneath your arms so that your neck and shoulders are exposed.
- Cleansing- Your esthetician will wrap your hair in a headband or towel so that products don’t get into it, and then he or she will begin to cleanse your skin to remove dirt and makeup.
- Skin Analysis and Cleansing- Your esthetician, will want to look at your skin under a bright, magnifying lamp. This will help us determine your skin type and see if you have certain skin conditions. After this, special products will be chosen for your treatment, and we will then discuss what we noticed, and recommend certain products to use following your facial.
- Steam- During your facial, a machine will be used that directs warm steam to your face, which is not only relaxing but can also soften any acne or blackheads that you have so that they can be extracted. Steam may be avoided if you have extremely sensitive skin.
- Exfoliation- This can be done with either a chemical or mechanical exfoliant. We will choose one that works best for your skin type and the conditions that we are trying to remedy during your facial. A chemical peel can be used as part of your facial or it can be done as a standalone treatment. With a chemical peel, steam will not be used.
- Extractions- If you would like, your esthetician will remove whiteheads or blackheads from your skin. This may be uncomfortable, and some people have different pain tolerances when it comes to extractions.
- Facial massage- This will be completed to stimulate your skin and facial muscles while relaxing you.
- Facial mask- This will be chosen based on your skin conditions and your skin type. While your mask is setting, your esthetician will offer you a scalp massage or a different service.
- Final applications- We will choose different products to apply to your face depending on your current conditions such as sunscreen, moisturizers, toners, or serums.
- Advice-Your certified esthetician will talk to you about recommended products and how you may be able to take better care of your skin along with how often you should return for a facial.
At our Dental Boutique & Spa, you will feel comfortable, relaxed, and be fully able to enjoy your service within our tranquil atmosphere.
Types of Facials
At Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa, we specialize in a variety of popular facial treatments. Some of the facials that we perform include:
- High frequency
- Hydrogen facials
We will focus on your skin type and find the facial that will work best for you without causing skin irritation. We also will offer special treatments during various parts of the year such as our Aqua Marine Facial Peel with Caviar.
Skin Fitness Products
We use Skin Fitness, an organic line, that is made for people who work out. These skin care products can be used before and after your intense workouts and will help repair and protect your skin. By using these products, your face will be toned and perfect, along with the rest of your body!
Why Choose Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique:
- You can enjoy your dental visit with our Relaxed, Upscale Spa-like Atmosphere
- Complimentary wine & Nespresso coffee bar, hot towel service, temple massage therapy, paraffin treatments, music & movie selections
- Convenient hours – Evening and Saturday hours available
- Latest Technology- Such as intraoral cameras making it possible for you to see exactly what is happening in your mouth, for yourself. Advanced Digital x-rays that emit less radiation and is actually a comfortable process. Yes! It doesn’t require that little square to go in your mouth that hurts so much. Instead, the X-ray machine goes around your head.
- Latest Treatments that allow for quick healing after surgery along with services like same-day crowns, gum surgery with no cutting or stitches,
- No metal or amalgam is ever used in our offices
- We can assist clients by arranging their transportation to and from your appointment.
- Multiple Sedation Options Available for a more comfortable and anxiety-free experience including IV Sedation and nitrous.
- Botox treatments under the same roof for both medical and beauty purposes. Can be used to get rid of wrinkles, TMJ and migraines. We also offer Filler to plump cheeks, take away jowl, enhance your lips and rid of nasiolabial folds:
- Aesthetic Spa Services Available Onsite. Estheticians available to perform eyebrow shaping, eyelash extensions, microblading, facials, peeps, hydrogen facials, microdermabrasion and more.
- We use state of the art sterilization equipment and processes that are focused on Safety. More importantly it is set up openly for our clients to see.
- Select Insurance and Financing Options Available – Care Credit financing is available for those who qualify and we work with insurance (complimentary benefit check available at your consultation)