White Fillings and Porcelain Fillings-Excellent oral health begins one tooth at a time.
In the past, many dentists used metal amalgam fillings to prevent further decay and treat current cavities. While these fillings are effective, they are definitely not perfect. These metal fillings are not only unattractive but they can also contract and expand with fluctuations in temperature. This can cause the fillings to either-
• Fall out
• Crack your teeth
Cosmetic dentists have worked hard to find an alternative option for their clients. Porcelain fillings and white composite fillings have since emerged since they are:
This is a great option if you need to treat a cavity and need to prevent further decay from happening so that you can continue to have a healthy, gorgeous smile. These new fillings can be matched to the color of your natural teeth which means that they will be virtually undetectable to the human eye. In addition to being more aesthetically pleasing and functioning better than metal fillings can, these kinds of fillings will never-
• Become lose
• Fall out
• Impact structure of current tooth
Not only that, but porcelain fillings and white composite fillings are more compatible to the overall health of the client, and provide superior aesthetic and functional results. Many clients choose to replace their old metal amalgam fillings with these options to reduce the unappealing appearance of a metallic smile and strengthen their teeth. By clicking here, you can read what the FDA reports about silver (amalgam) fillings.
At Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa in Fort Lauderdale, we have highly experienced cosmetic dentists that are committed to the functional and aesthetic benefits of metal-free dentistry with the use of white composite and porcelain fillings.
White Composite Filling
These fillings are an ideal choice for cavities that are small to medium sized and are found in areas of the mouth that require moderate chewing-pressure when eating. White fillings are made of a composite resin and can be made to match the color of your natural teeth which will provide you with a seamless and radiant smile.
Unlike metal fillings, we will be able to place your new filling by removing a very small amount of your current tooth which will preserve the natural integrity of it as a whole. Our white composite fillings are-
• Ideal for a wide range of ages and conditions
In fact, these fillings will bond to your teeth and create a seal against bacteria which can prevent gum disease. Furthermore, white fillings will not corrode, turn black like silver fillings can, and you will not have to worry about metal contamination since we use BPA-free composite in our fillings.
Why Should You Consider White Composite Fillings?
Many people have or need fillings in their mouth to prevent decay, fix cavities, and decrease their chance of periodontal disease. However, your mouth will continue to look natural which can help you feel less conscious about the need for a filling. When you laugh, smile, or talk, no one will know that you have a filling in your mouth with the help of our cosmetic dentists.
White Composite Fillings vs. Silver Amalgam Fillings
In the past, silver amalgam fillings lasted longer than white fillings did. However, white fillings are now made with new materials that are comparable to silver fillings and can last for just as long when placed correctly by a highly-trained dentist. You will want to keep in mind that the life expectancy of your filling will depend on the location it is placed in your mouth, how hard your teeth come together when you bite down, if you grind your teeth, and more. We will discuss with you the length that we expect your filling to last while offering tips on getting the most out of your white filling.
Is It Worth Replacing Your Silver Amalgam Fillings With a White Composite Filling?
Usually, it is only best to change your filling if it needs to be replaced. If this is the case for your situation, you can ask your cosmetic dentist to replace your silver filling with a white composite one. For your front teeth or teeth that are visible, your cosmetic dentist may suggest replacing your filling for a more aesthetically pleasing smile. For your back teeth, it may be beneficial to use a crown or inlay so that it can last longer against eating, biting, and chewing. Our cosmetic dentist will explain your options and help you choose the best one for you.
Are There Any Alternatives To Fillings?
If you would like to avoid the use of a filling in your mouth, other options that you will have can include:
At Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique & Spa, we can offer a variety of cosmetic and general dentistry options to improve your smile and self-esteem.
If you have teeth with large cavities or areas in your mouth that require heavy chewing pressure, your best option will be porcelain fillings over composite fillings. These fillings can also be matched to your natural tooth color just as white fillings can, which will eliminate any evidence of dental work when you talk, smile, and laugh. In addition to matching the color of your tooth, a porcelain filling can even match the luster of tooth enamel. These are virtually impossible to differentiate from your natural teeth, are resistant to staining, and can maintain their appearance for a lifetime!
While you may think that porcelain is fragile, especially for your mouth, it is not. In fact, these types of fillings are the strongest and most reliable solution available for dental restorations in your mouth. Additionally, these fillings are stronger than your own tooth enamel and have been created to be wear-resistant and impermeable to fluctuations in temperature.
Am I a candidate for a Porcelain Filling?
Scheduling a complimentary consultation at our boutique is the best way to find out if you are a candidate for this option. When you decide to move forward, we will take-
• Full mouth X-rays
• Intra-oral photos
• Extra-oral photos
You will review all of these images with your doctor and will be able to see for yourself the following:
• Cracked teeth
• Broken teeth
• Black fillings
• Silver fillings
• Previous dental restoration efforts
Once we review all of this with you, we will recommend and present you with a treatment plan that will be your best option to prevent infection, eliminate pain, repair a broken tooth, or fix a dental emergency that you are experiencing.
For dental emergencies, we have the option of utilizing our CEREC porcelain crown and filling technology which can address immediate issues with your smile in one visit or same-day at our boutique and spa.
Why Choose Dr. Patty’s Dental Boutique
- You can enjoy your dental visit with our Relaxed, Upscale Spa-like Atmosphere
- Complimentary wine & Nespresso coffee bar, hot towel service, temple massage therapy, paraffin treatments, music & movie selections
- Convenient hours – Evening and Saturday hours available
- Latest Technology- Such as intraoral cameras making it possible for you to see exactly what is happening in your mouth, for yourself. Advanced Digital x-rays that emit less radiation and is actually a comfortable process. Yes! It doesn’t require that little square to go in your mouth that hurts so much. Instead, the X-ray machine goes around your head.
- Latest Treatments that allow for quick healing after surgery along with services like same-day crowns, gum surgery with no cutting or stitches,
- No metal or amalgam is ever used in our offices
- We can assist clients by arranging their transportation to and from your appointment.
- Multiple Sedation Options Available for a more comfortable and anxiety-free experience including IV Sedation and nitrous.
- Botox treatments under the same roof for both medical and beauty purposes. Can be used to get rid of wrinkles, TMJ and migraines. We also offer Filler to plump cheeks, take away jowl, enhance your lips and rid of nasiolabial folds:
- Aesthetic Spa Services Available Onsite. Estheticians available to perform eyebrow shaping, eyelash extensions, microblading, facials, peeps, hydrogen facials, microdermabrasion and more.
- We use state of the art sterilization equipment and processes that are focused on Safety. More importantly it is set up openly for our clients to see.
- Select Insurance and Financing Options Available – Care Credit financing is available for those who qualify and we work with insurance (complimentary benefit check available at your consultation)